Deadline concept note: 23 July
Budget: 250,000 – 1,000,000 USD per project, total funding amount is 6 million USD. Match funding of at least 5% for external beneficiaries and 10% for AfDB departments is strongly encouraged to demonstrate commitment and ownership by the project sponsor.
Focus: Gender equality and climate resilience. Proposals that are focused on:
- Addressing unequal access of women and men to the resources that are needed to adapt to climate change and mitigate GHG emissions; looking at gender roles that influence this.
- Supporting African countries to transition to gender transformative climate resilient, low carbon development, and scale-up access to climate finance.
Priority will be given to the following themes:
- Supporting mechanisms for climate finance that are adapted and accessible directly to women and women’s groups.
- Supporting increased participation, leadership, and influence of women and women’s groups in community-level, national and international climate change negotiations.
- Supporting women and youth empowerment through small-scale or pilot adaptation initiatives adapted and accessible for women to build resilience of vulnerable communities in climate resilient activities (e.g. promoting access to clean energy, promoting climate-resilient agriculture and economic diversification, empowering women in low-carbon sectors, improving access to water and sanitation, strengthening the resilience and productive capacity of women farmers through climate resilient practices, supporting innovation).
- Supporting mainstreaming of gender equality considerations adapted and accessible to women in sub-national, sectoral-level, and national policies and programs, including NDCs.